Escort Passport 9500ci Review
False Alert Filter
The Escort Passport 9500CI Radar Detector is an excellent radar detector that will dramatically cut down on false alerts while on the road. It does this using specialized “Auto Learn” technology that will keep track of false alerts and store them for a later date. The price? About $1,599. Believe it or not, this is actually a really great deal. Why? Because it’s going to save you thousands of dollars per year since you won’t need to pay a bunch of speeding tickets. Read our review to learn more about what the Escort Passport 9500CI Radar Detector has to offer.
As you know, shopping for a quality radar detector can be tricky- especially when there are so many models to choose from. Well, we’re going to show you a specific one that’s taking the radar detector world by storm- and it’s called the Escort Passport 9500CI. We’ll admit: it’s expensive. It costs roughly $1,599 on Amazon. But is it worth it? Absolutely! This radar detector has more features that a Swiss Army knife, and because of that, it’s one of the best models you can buy today. Let’s dive deeper and take a look at what it has to offer.
The Problem With Radar Detectors Today
If you’re new to radar detectors, you need to know this: many cheaper models on the market are known for giving off false signals. What’s a false signal? This is basically when your radar detector gives you alerts about radars in the vicinity that are not from law enforcement. After a while, this can get pretty annoying (as anyone whose been using radar detectors for any period of time and they’ll agree).
Fortunately, the Escort Passport 9500CI is will solve this problem by giving off a minimal amount of false alerts. It does this by recognizing false signals and storing it in its broad database. Then, once you pass that location again, you won’t be alerted. But this is just one of the many ways that the 9500CI will your driving experience a stress-free one, while at the same time, ensuring that you don’t get a speeding ticket.
Four Reasons to Buy the Escort Passport 9500ci
When buying a radar detector, it’s important that you spend a lot of time doing due diligence. In short, know what you’re buying. Here are four reasons to consider buying the Escort Passport 9500CI:
- Performance: The radar detector comes with specialized “Auto Learn” technology that will automatically pick up on false alerts without you having to do a thing. Later on in this review, you’re going to learn more about how it works.
- Functionality: This device won’t negatively impact your driving experience. In fact, it has the ability to adjust sensitivity levels depending on how fast you’re moving. Overall, this makes your driving experience much more enjoyable.
- Appearance: The Escort Passport 9500CI Radar Detector offers a minimal, sleek design that will blend in strategically with your vehicle.
- Invisibility: Finally, the device is pretty discrete, so it won’t draw attention to potential thieves or even police enforcement.
Throughout the rest of this review, you’re going to learn more about what the 9500CI has to offer more in-depth. Let’s get started!
|Escort Passport 9500ci|
|Operating Bands||X-Band , K-Band , Ka-Band|
|Laser Detection||Multiple Laser Type Detection|
|Best Feature||Effective Laser Detection|
|Price||$1,549.99 on Amazon (price may be changed without notice)|
|Red Light Cameras Detection||Yes|
|Sensitivity Setting||Highway , Auto and Auto No X|
|Community Share||Escort Live|
|Auto Learn Technology||Yes|
|Power Requirement||12VDC, Negative Ground|
|Dimension||Display: 1.950 W x 0.666 D x 0.627H
Control: 1.950 W x 0.425 D x 0.650 H
Radar Receiver: 3.680 W x 4.120 D x 1.200 H
Front Shifters: 3.160 W x 0.890 D x 0.600 H
GPS: 1.952 W x 2.699 D x 2.940 H
Interface: 2.850 W x 0.810 D x 2.940 H
Speaker: 2.250 W x 2.116 D x 2.250 H
The 9500CI offers an extensive list of features that you simply won’t find in cheaper models. And each one is centralized around GPS technology. By integrating GPS technology into the radar detector, this particular model is able to offer the following:
- True Lock Filtering: With this feature, the 9500CI will have the ability to memorize the exact location (and frequency) of a false reading. And when we say “exact”, we really do mean it. Once logged into its system, it will ignore those false alerts as you pass through that location. Overall, this makes it a less intrusive model compared to many others that you’ll find on the market today.
- Adaptive Signal Processing: One feature that I really like about the 9500CI is that it adjusts sensitivity depending on how fast you’re traveling. For example, if you’re traveling 5 MPH, then it really wouldn’t make much sense to have one mile of range, right? Likewise, the faster you’re moving, the more range you’ll experience. This is a super-neat feature that drivers are really going to come to appreciate.
- Auto Learn: The “Auto Learn” technology in the 9500CI is simply brilliant. It works like this: once it passes by the same place three times in a row, it will automatically lock it in as a false alarm. However, if it passes that same location and the signal is absent, it will automatically unlock it as a false alarm. Remember that all of this is happening without you having to do anything- that’s the beauty behind the 9500CI.
- Smart Mute: When buying a radar detector, it’s the small things that make a difference between a quality experience and a poor one. The 9500CI offers something Smart Mute technology that will automatically reduce alert volume after 10 seconds. Also, when you’re moving at speeds of less than 20 MPH, the detector will deliver two alerts tons followed by silence. Together, these two features make false alerts a little easier to deal with.
As its name implies, the Speed Alert feature will keep you informed about your current speed. It will display your speed in either MPH or KM/H, which will give you an additional form of protection when there is a police threat approaching.
Traffic Camera Defense
When you know a vehicle’s location, this provides you with another degree of protection. To accomplish this, the radar detector will compare your location with an official database of registered traffic cameras in your city. Then, it can warn you whenever one of these speed cameras are approaching. Remember: speed traps like these use sensors in the pavement to calculate your speed. As a result, it makes them virtually invisible to regular radar detectors- but not the Escort Passport 9500CI. The best part is that the 9500CI comes with a 3-year subscription to these databases, so you’ll never need to worry about being unprotected.
The beauty behind the Escort Passport 9500CI Radar Detector is that it comes with several different display modes. Why is this beneficial? Well, you have the option of displaying your true vehicle voltage, your actual speed (in MPH or KM/H), or even your expected radar detector status. It’s all there! This is actually a really cool feature that you won’t find in many competing models on the market.
Duel Horn M3 Antenna
Thank the engineers at Escort, because they’re really worked hard to deliver a hyper-sensitive dual aperture antenna that offers the highest degree of sensitivity that you’ll find in a modern-day radar detector. Don’t believe us? We encourage you to visit some radar detector forum and see for yourself. You’ll see that the 9500CI does, in fact, offer specialized technology that literally no other radar detector on the market has- and this is one example of that. That alone makes it worth the $1,500 price tag.
ZR-4 Lidar Detection & Shifting
Do you want to become completely invisible to lidar guns? Then you need to buy the 9500CI as soon as possible. It’s one of the few models out there today that’s able of picking up lidar guns from a significant distance away.
Is it Worth the Price?
I like to picture it this way: do you think the 9500CI is more expensive than a speeding ticket? That’s a tough call. Believe it or not, speeding tickets can become super-expensive very quickly. In fact, just one speeding ticket can cost several hundred dollars! Imagine getting a few of these per year.
When you think about it that way, buying the 9500CI actually saves you money in the long run. So rather than look at the 9500CI and think, “No thank you- it’s too expensive”, change your perspective and say, “Buying this radar detector is actually going to save me a lot of time, money, and energy by not having to go to misdemeanor court and pay thousands of dollars in fines and late fees).
Super-Fast & Easy Installation
Some radar detectors (we won’t go into names) are way too complicated to setup and install. The Escort Passport 9500CI is not one of them. Quite the contrary, actually, you can have it setup and installed in a matter of a few minutes. The product is only broken down into a few key pieces, which don’t require much labor to put together. Then, once installed, you’ll be able to enjoy all of the intuitive features and options associated with the 9500CI.
Here’s What You Get In The Box
- Escort Passport 9500ci Display And Control Module
- GPS Antenna
- Front Laser Receivers
- Laser Shifterpro Bridgebox
- Front Radar Receiver
- Amplified Speaker
- Hidden Bi-color Display
- Owner’s Instruction Manual
By now, you’ve pretty much learned everything there is to know about the Escort Passport 9500CI. The primary feature that you’ll want to take advantage of is the Adaptive Signal Processing function. This is the feature that adjusts radar sensitivity depending on how fast you’re traveling. After all, who wants to be bombarded with false alerts when they’re only traveling a few hours per hour, right? The second feature you want to keep in mind is the detector’s Auto Learn function.
With this feature, the device will automatically lock and unlock signals depending on whether or not they’ve given off false alarms. Finally, there’s the Smart Mute function. With this feature, the detector will reduce alert volume after 10 seconds. This will make the detector more stress-free if it starts to give off a bunch of false alerts. You might be thinking that $1,500 is a lot, but after comparing this to the price of speeding tickets, you’ll quickly realize that it’s a solid investment.
- One of The Longest Range Radar Detector
- Effective Laser Detection
- Effective False Alert Filter System
- Escort Live Which Help You Communicate With Other Escort Users For Sharing and Receive Threats
- Auto-Learn Technology Which Can Remember Spots Where False Alerts Have Occurred
- Completely Undetectable To All Radar Detector Detector
- Paid Subscription Required For Escort Live App
- Very Expensive