Whistler CR85 Review
False Alert Filter
If you need more bang for your buck when purchasing a radar detector, you should check out the Whistler CR85. It won’t break the bank and it has features that are usually seen on devices that cost hundreds of dollars more. For instance, this detector can sense radar from far away and is able to detect 4 bands that are commonly used to measure for speeding. It also can be highly personalized in the way it alerts you and other important settings. Between the compact design, bright display, and cordless capability, it is a machine that is worth your time and money.
Meet The Whistler CR85
There are a limited amount of reasons why people buy radar detectors. They are purchased mainly to see if there are law enforcement officers in the area and if there is radar being used in your vicinity. This helps a driver know beforehand if there is a chance they will get a speeding ticket. Of course, this isn’t foolproof, but if you are purchasing this type of product for the protection it offers, you should be sure you are getting one with features that will offer results. This review will explain the helpful features included in the Whistler CR85.
Whistler CR85 Specifications
|Operating Bands||X,K,Ka bands|
|Display||Blue Oled Text Display|
|Best Feature||Good Performance With A Budget Friendly Price|
|Price||$128.99 on Amazon (price may be changed without notice)|
|Power Requirement||Intellicord Powercord|
|Dimension||1.31" H x 3.12" W x 4.93" L|
This radar detector offers some things that are not seen in other models. Here are some of the most diverse features, which make it well worth the price.
- Compact design. There aren’t any bright graphics or shiny buttons on this model. Instead, it is solid black in color, small, and will fit under your mirror or on the dashboard of your car without drawing much attention to itself. It is also tiny enough to be stored in your car safely when you are not using it, since it doesn’t take up too much space and you may not want to have it displayed when you are not around.
- Can detect different types of radar. The product can read different types of radar and can also interpret small bursts of radar, in order to alert you. This means even if a radar source is turned on for a short amount of time, this device will know. It detects each of the different types of radar used to measure how fast someone is going.
- Lessens false alerts. This detector allows for less false alerts to be given when they aren’t true. This means any of the bands can be turned off, in an attempt to lessen the overall false alerts given.
- Can highly personalize. Besides being able to turn off the bands the item reads, there are many other settings that can be changed to fit your needs. This includes the display brightness, battery settings, and alert settings. It also has aspects you can change depending on where you are driving your car, i.e., the city, the highway.
- Long range radar detection. Radar is detected from all angles with this machine. It can also be detected from very far away because it is able to read simple radars and lasers that are quite complex and sneaky.
This is a just small list of the features this detector has, but they are certainly enough to justify purchasing it. However, if you still aren’t convinced, there are many more things that this product can do. Each of these things is designed to help you avoid police detection and help you avoid getting different types of tickets from law enforcement officers.
Even though these features can be considered minor, they may also make a big difference when you use this product. It is all about the little things that will make you enjoy using this detector and make it a trusted part of your driving experience. Although it can’t ensure that you aren’t stopped, it will help you make educated decisions on what types of things are in your area, so you may adjust your driving accordingly.
- Long trip alertness: this feature gives audio cues to make sure a driver is staying awake and alert during a long trip. This can keep you from falling asleep and make sure you are driving your best, especially if you find yourself on a dark road or are alone.
- Silent mode: this allows for you to turn off all alerts and sounds the device makes, if you need it to stay quiet or are in traffic. This would also be useful if you were around police officers.
- Alert ranking: the detector prioritizes the alerts in order of importance, so you can determine what the best course of action is.
- Auto-shutdown: you may enable certain settings to allow for the machine to turn itself off when the battery gets too low for it to function properly.
- Settings saver: after you fix the settings just how you want them, you will not have to worry about the detector forgetting them. The settings are saved even with the device is powered off.
- Audio cues: there are a few different types of audio cues you can choose from that you will hear when there is an alert. Different tones may play depending on what the alert is pertaining to. For instance, different radar band alerts will make different sounds.
- Easy to read display: has a bright display that has blue text and is clear enough to read no matter what type of light you are driving in. You may also change the brightness of the display at any time.
- Ignores some types of radar: this gadget is smart enough to know that it should ignore some radar that it’s reading. This includes things like traffic signals, which also can alleviate alerts that don’t help you.
The Bottom Line
This piece of equipment looks cool and works exactly as it is designed to. But the most exciting thing is that it has so many features to play around with. It would be a great gift for someone you know that travels a lot or for yourself if you have a bit of a lead foot when you are driving. Between the fact that it can read radar from quite far away and detect some of the most common forms of radar, it promises to be a small but powerful machine. When you purchase it, the box comes with everything you need to set up the system, so you will be able to simply plug it in and use it. Furthermore, it is inexpensive, while still outperforming other detectors in its price range.
- Newest Features with a Budget-Friendly Price
- 2 Year Warranty
- High-Contrast OLED Text Display
- Lack of Community Sharing
- Lack of GPS
- Lack of Over-Speed Alert